Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Curious Quotes to keep

Sharing a few interesting things that people said to me on my book and my writing…

“You are not an author until you have produced a best seller.”
********
“It’s no big deal. Anybody who knows a language can be a writer.”
********
“Remember, you are neither Dan Brown nor Sidney Sheldon.”
********
“Do you have westerners following your blog?”
********
“When is your next book coming out?”

********
“I am waiting to read your book. I’m a ruthless critic, I’ll have some hard-hitting comments to make on your book.”
********
Asked by someone after a short introductory speech I gave on my book. “Is your book in English or Malayalam?”
********
“I found your blog riveting, in fact, stunning for a person who kept a surprisingly low profile while doing college.”
********
“Someday when you write your autobiography, it’ll be nice to begin with stories of your early struggle as a writer. It’ll make good reading than the biography of an IIT/IIM graduate, who held corporate positions for years, and then shifted to writing.”

1 comment:

Sarat Pratapchandran said...

Asha,
Congrats on your first book! I haven't read it but I know for sure that you have addressed a topic that many of us pretend that we do not see while living as expats in the Persian Gulf. It's a great feeling to tell someone else that your former classmate is an accomplished writer. Keep up the good work!
Sarat