Sunday, August 2, 2009

My first fan mail..

Wanted to share a mail I received from my ten year old pupil in Muscat who I tutor online. I don’t want to take away from the charm of this lovely epistle by making any overture or explanation. Suffice it to say that to me it is a coveted trophy, the kind that no adult world can bestow. Only a guileless, innocent and generous heart of a child can be capable of expresssing such uninhibited sentiment.
I accept it whole heartedly.

Dear aunty,
Aunty I saw your interview. It was superb than i thought. I am proud to have a teacher like you.
When i saw your interview i discovered what actually was in your mind.I didn't think you are a great writter and a observer who observes other's life and hardships at heart.I was mind blowed by your angle of view to the lives and hardships of people who come from their native places and settle in the gulf or middle east. When I heard about your first novel tears prickled at the back of my eyes. Aunty i wish to tell you that i would like to have your first novel because i was
impressed by it's outline. Aunty your interview was very touching and you did extremely good.I really admire you aunty...................................
Your sincerely,
Aswin.
(Reproduced with all the naive errors in syntax)

No comments: